Why promote your Etsy shop using You Tube?
It seems strange to think about marketing your products on You Tube but I can tell it really works.
This is why:
- You Tube is owned by Google. Having contents there, talking about you and your shop will increase your SEO
- It’s not as crowded as Facebook and Twitter so you have more chance to stand out
- No particular technical skills are required and it takes less time than the other social networks
- It’s completely free
- It helps grow your brand awareness with your customers
Setup a Youtube channel
You Tube is evolving from a website with a lot of unorganized videos to a ‘channels based site’ where people subscribe to their favorite channels. Now they have also introduced the paid channels that people have to pay to watch them.
You can see some example of channels in this page.
If you have an account on You Tube you are also the owner of a channel, but it would be empty and with your username as channel name. To set up it, just sign in on YouTube and then click on “My Channel”. This is what you will see:
Create the images
Try to upload images that have the same style as your Etsy shop or Facebook Page, the people that already know you have to recognize you.
As you can see in the photo your channel can have a personalized banner. You Tube recommends that you upload a 2560px by 1440px image. This provides the best results on all kinds of screens and devices, including desktops, laptops, phones, tablets, televisions or any other place with pixels.
You can then customize the channel icon that is by default your photo profile. In this case it is recommended to upload an 800px by 800px image.
What kind of channel can I create?
I listed here some inspirational ideas for your You Tube channel. Experiment with different things and see what converts better.
- How to’s – One of the things more searched on You Tube are the tutorials. Everything from make-up tutorials to how to clean a bathroom. If you’re selling jewelry you can create a video explaining how to clean them or a DIY for a pair of earrings. If you’re selling beauty products you can share beauty tips and tutorial about taking care of yourselves.
- Your story – Another type of successful channels are the one where the creator shares his life. In your case you can share some video where you talk about your work and how you handle your store and your family.
- Your knowledge – If you have some particular passion or knowledge, this is an excellent reason to start your channel. If you are an expert seller you can share tips for other sellers. If you’re good at designing you can show how to resize an image or how to install new font, and so on.
- Source : http://blog.fanchimp.com/why-use-you-tube-to-promote-your-etsy-shop/