In addition to enriching your website with search engine keywords, you can increase your search engine rankings if you create one way backlinks to your website. This article lists several methods for building backlinks from reputable sources that will be recognized and promoted by the search engines.
- Submit articles based on your subject of expertise. You can submit articles to a variety of websites including Ezine and Squidoo. At the bottom of your article, add a resource box that describes you and links back to your website.
Find opportunities to guest blog about your area of expertise or your business. Search for keywords like “Submit Post,” “Write for Us” or “Become a Contributor” to find sites on which you may be able to submit a guest blog. Also, look for relevant blogs within your niche and pitch an idea for a guest post.
- Comment on blogs in your industry. Choose high-quality blogs and post relevant comments. In your comment, include a link back to your site.
Use PR networks. Some subscription services connect reporters and authors who need answers to specific questions with bloggers who can answer those questions. The reporter or author usually credits the blogger in the form of a backlink to the author’s blog.
- Submit videos related to your product or service. Choose popular sites like YouTube as well as sites that are unique to your industry. Link the videos back to your website or to relevant articles.
- Open a Yahoo! Answers account. Answer questions related to your area of expertise and include a link in your answer.
- Start a meme. Watch sites like Reddit or Twitter to determine what people are talking about around the world. Use Photoshop to add text to a picture commenting on the topic, and post the meme to your Facebook or Twitter account to see if it goes viral.
- Submit your URL to link-building directories. Choose a generic directory like DMOZ or a directory that is unique to your industry. Follow submission instructions carefully for a better chance of acceptance.
- Solicit product reviews. Offer free samples of your product to bloggers or other experts who will provide a review that links back to your website.
- Engage in social bookmarking. For example, link to your blog and post the link on Reddit, Digg or StumbleUpon.
- Submit RSS feed. submit RSS feed to RSS directories, the new posts on your site will be automatically get posted.
- Listen to Google. As much as many might not like this, you do need to listen to what Google tell us when trying to gain links. The search giant might not be everyones best friend all of the time, but if you take heed of their messages, you can only come up smelling of roses! Ultimately, you want editorial links; links that have a real reason to be there and not just added as part of a link exchange or simple directory.
Source : http://www.wikihow.com/Create-One-Way-Backlinks-to-Your-Website