1 kg of filet mignon
1 pc of oxtail (cut to pieces)
4 stalks of lemongrass (pounded)
1 tsp ground pepper
1/3 cup of chopped shallots
1/4 cup minced lemongrass
2 tbsp of chili powder
1 tbsp of minced garlic
1 tbsp of shrimp paste
2 tbsp of sugar
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 tbsp of salt
3 liters of water
Coriander, sliced spring onion
1. Put filet mignon and oxtail in a pot, add water, pounded lemongrass and boil until tender.
Then set filet mignon and oxtail, aside. Prepare the broth by filtration sieve.
2. Heat pan, add chili powder, shallots, garlic, lemongrass and shrimp paste. Stir fry for 2
minutes or until fragrant. Put them in broth pot (no.1). Season with salt, sugar, ground pepper.
Simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Put rice vermicelli, pieces of filet mignon and oxtail in a bowl. Pour soup, top with fried
KANI. Sprinkle with coriander and spring onion. Serve with fresh vegetables.
Ingredients for Fried KANI
100g of KANI SUPREME (tear into small pieces)
1/2 cup of crispy flour
1/2 tbsp of curry paste
1/4 tsp of sugar
1/2 cup of water
Vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Mix crispy flour, curry paste, water and sugar. Stir well.
2. Add KANI SUPREME into the mixture and stir well. Fry them in hot vegetable oil over medium heat.
Flatten it (beware not to be too thick). Scoop out and drain.
source : อ.อมราภรณ์ วงษ์ฝัก และ Chef Water Lee